- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 8 Slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup of whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup of Swiss cheese
- ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- instant pot
- 6-inch baking dish
- Turn on the instant pot, click the ‘sauté/simmer’ button, wait until hot and stir in the bacon.
- Cook chopped bacon for 5 minutes or more until crispy, then transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Break eggs in a bowl, add cream, season with salt, black pepper, and nutmeg and whisk until combined.
- Take a 6-inch baking dish, place 1 cup of cheese in the bottom, then top with bacon and evenly pour in the egg mixture.
- Press the ‘keep warm’ button, pour water in the instant pot, insert a trivet stand and place the baking dish on it.
- Seal the instant pot, then click the ‘manual’ button, press ‘+/-’ to select the cooking time to 25 minutes and adjust at high-pressure setting; when the pressure kicks in the pot, it will start.
- When the timer rings, select the ‘keep warm’ button, release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then lightly open the lid to release pressure.
- Meanwhile, switch on the broiler then let it preheat.
- Take out the baking dish, spread the remaining cheese on top, then place it under the broiler and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and the top is nicely browned.
- When done, turn the dish over a plate to take out the quiche, then cut into slices and serve.
Nutrition: Calories: 572 Fat: 52.54g Protein: 22g