- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb. of medium-sized shrimp (wild-caught, peeled, deveined)
- 3 tbsp. of coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. of garlic powder
- 3 Eggs (pastured, beaten)
- 1 ¾ cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/8 tsp. of ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. of smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt
- nonstick wire rack
- parchment paper
- Set the kitchen appliance to 400 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and whisk until beaten, place coconut flakes in another dish, then place coconut flour in another dish, add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika and stir until mixed.
- Working on one piece at a time, dredge a shrimp into the coconut flour mix, then dip into egg, and dredge with coconut flake until evenly coated.
- Take a non-stick wire rack, line it with a baking sheet, then spray with oil and place coated shrimps on it in a single layer.
- Place the wire rack containing shrimps into the oven, bake for 4 minutes, then flip the shrimps and continue baking for 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and firm.
- Then switch on the broiler and bake the shrimps for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- When done, let shrimps cooled, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer, then cover the shrimps with parchment sheet, layer with remaining shrimps and freeze until hard.
- Then transfer shrimps into a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, reheat the shrimps at 350 degrees F for 2 to 3 minutes until hot.
Nutrition: Calories: 443 – Fat: 30g – Protein: 31g